Saturday, September 25, 2010

Got a lil project for us....

HELLO HELLO ALL!

so I have a project for us that is very low maintenance....
So have you ever seen those "artist trading cards" at Blick or Michaels? they are 2.5" x 3.5" You can buy them in a variety of thickness of paper. I will be using the ones my mom sent....baby Bristol....I looveeeee me some Bristol! (also you dont have to BUY these packs....you can make your own with ur own paper. Just make sure the original piece STARTS OUT at 2.5"x 3.5")...Just so we are clear...you will be making a card for EVERYONE on the list...and so you will be making 9 cards...and receiving 9 cards.

Ideas:
You can make tiny art specifically for the person who will be receiving it. (I.e. drawing a squirrel for betsey, or crazy mexican cat for Lauren).
Representational
Abstract
vary mediums in one piece
sew things to it....
rip it apart and reassemble it

As long as everyone accepts the task, here is the proposed list of artists involved. (Let me know if you dont want to be involved/ lack time/ etc)....but this is a way you can participate in a very low-commitment project....they are tiny little guys. They can take 3 minutes-3 hours to make, depending on what you want to do.

Jes (ME!)
Jana Banana
Lauren
Tonya
Meg
Matt
Cait
Betsey
Abbey
Carole
Amy kitz

Jana sent ya'll a message on facebook I believe starting the address chain. So only add your address on the facebook chain (for privacy reasons)
I would LOVE if everyone would do this. I think it mainly sparked from my disconnect being....like all the way across the country, and needing to feel connected to ya'll.

DO IT!

ohhhh! and make sure you sign and date the back! and put the title of the piece if applicable!

1 comment: